Today's world's societies are becoming more and more dependent on open networks such as the Internet - where commercial activities, business transactions and government services are realized. This has led to the fast development of new cyber threats and numerous information security issues which are exploited by cyber criminals. The inability to provide trusted secure services in contemporary computer network technologies has a tremendous socio-economic impact on global enterprises as well as individuals.
In Computer Systems Security Group (CSSG) we strongly believe that the next-generation computer systems require proper protection, therefore, we focus on developing cutting-edge, innovative cyber security solutions.
Our main research topics include:
- Network Security
- Honeypot Systems
- Malware Analysis
- Information Hiding in Communication Networks
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security
- Industrial Control Systems Security (SCADA/PLC)
- Bio-inspired Cyber Security
We do our best to contribute to the abovementioned fields.
Head of the group:Wojciech Mazurczyk, Ph.D., D.Sc. (Research leader)
Krzysztof Cabaj, Ph.D. (Research co-leader)
PhD studentsPiotr Białczak, M.Sc.
Marcin Gregorczyk, M.Sc.
Mikołaj Kowalski, M.Sc.
Słamowir Krawczyk, M.Sc.
Paweł Łąka, M.Sc.
Słamowir Nowaczewski, M.Sc.
Krzysztof Opasiak, M.Sc.
Grzegorz Siewruk, M.Sc.
Piotr Żórawski, M.Sc.
Master and Bachelor studentsJakub Krasowski, M.Sc.
CURRENT ACTIVITIESWe are proud organizers of:
- Workshop on 5G Networks Security (5G-NS 2019) co-located with International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES)
- Workshop on Criminal Use of Information Hiding (CUING 2019) co-located with International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES)
- Workshop on Traffic Measurements for Cybersecurity (WTMC 2019) co-located with International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES)
PROJECTSCurrently we are involved in the following projects:
- CoCoDe: Covert Communication Detection - R&D project funded by US Air Force Office of Scientific Research (2017-2020) - Contract No. FA9550-17-1-0254
- H2020 - IoRL (Internet of Radio Light) (2017-2020) - funded by EU
COLLABORATIONWe closely cooperate with the researchers from the following institutions:
- Institute for Applied Mathematics and Information Technologies "Enrico Magenes" (IMATI), National Research Council of Italy (CNR), Italy
- Worms University of Applied Sciences, Worms, Germany
- Cyber Security Department, Fraunhofer FKIE, Bonn, Germany
- Security and Distributed Systems Team at Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale d'Orléans, INSA Centre-Val de Loire, France
PUBLICATIONSOur ten most recent publications:
- K. Cabaj, M. Gregorczyk, W. Mazurczyk, P. Nowakowski, P. Zorawski - Sniffing Detection within the Network: Revisiting Existing and Proposing Novel Approaches, - In Proc. of 5G Network Security (5G-NS 2019) workshop, ARES 2019 Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, August 2019
- K. Cabaj, W. Mazurczyk, P. Nowakowski, P. Zorawski - Fine-tuning of Distributed Network Covert Channels Parameters and Their Impact on Undetectability - In Proc. of Criminal Use of Information Hiding (CUING) Workshop, ARES 2019 Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, August 2019
- K. Cabaj, M. Gregorczyk, W. Mazurczyk, P. Nowakowski, P. Zorawski - Network threats mitigation using Software-Defined Networking for the 5G Internet of Radio Light system, Security and Communication Networks, John Wiley & Sons, 2019, Vol. 2019, Article ID 4930908, 22 pages, DOI: 10.1155/2019/4930908
- K. Opasiak, W. Mazurczyk - (In)Secure Android Debugging, Computers & Security, Elsevier, Vol. 82, May 2019, pp. 80-98, DOI: 10.1016/j.cose.2018.12.010
- W. Mazurczyk, S. Wendzel, M. Chourib, J. Keller - You Shall Not Pass: Countering Network Covert Channels with Dynamic Wardens, Future Generation Computer Systems, 2019, DOI: 10.1016/j.future.2018.12.047
- S. Schmidt, W. Mazurczyk, R. Kulesza, J. Keller, L. Caviglione - Exploiting IP Telephony with Silence Suppresion for Hidden Data Transfers, Computers & Security, Elsevier, Volume 79, November 2018, Pages 17-32
- P. Laka, W. Mazurczyk - User Perspective and Security of a New Mobile Authentication, Telecommunication Systems, November 2018, Volume 69, Issue 3, pp 365-379, DOI: 10.1007/s11235-018-0437-1
- K. Cabaj, L. Caviglione, W. Mazurczyk, S. Wendzel, A. Woodward, S. Zander - The New Threats of Information Hiding: the Road Ahead, IEEE IT Professional, May/June 2018
- W. Mazurczyk, S. Wendzel - Information Hiding: Challenges for Forensic Experts - Communications of the ACM, Vol. 61 No. 1, Pages 86-94, DOI: 10.1145/3158416
- K. Cabaj, M. Gregorczyk, W. Mazurczyk - Software-Defined Networking-based Crypto Ransomware Detection Using HTTP Traffic Characteristics, Computers and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 66, pp. 353-368, DOI: 10.1016/j.compeleceng.2017.10.012, February 2018
CONTACTFor any enquires please contact us at: email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter!